comment 0

A portrait of M.

This portrait of “M.” is the first portrait linoleum print I did. We had a photo shooting a few weeks before the print. One of the resulting pictures was the following (it’s already mirrored!):

Mphoto_mirrorThe idea was to get a high contrast image, it would make the linoleum cut easier. The photo happens to end up like this (in the original direction):

M_01I’m still not perfectly happy with the mouth and I removed the black strokes at the throat as the work advanced. So finally I added another color to fill the face, it’s burned ochre (or something like that).

M_02_v1I’m still working on the print, removing unnecessary pieces of the printing block or added different colors. However I like the result already.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s